Wednesday, September 10, 2008

September 10,'08 We're "on the list"

Hello Everyone,

Today is a landmark day in our transplant journey! About 1pm today, the transplant coordinator came in to Donovan's ICU room to say we're on the list. While I wish this was a nationwide, worldwide list...it is not. It covers Sask., Alta, and northern BC. Quebec has its own territory, as does Ont, and mainland BC. etc. If one other territory does not need its organ, they will offer it to another region.....so the wait is on.

Today's news: I called last evening and Donovan was still stable. This morning he had no fever, and was afebrile all night! Good news! I was so anxious to see him open his eyes, but he seemed to sleep right through chest physio, coughs and all. We met with the social worker who works with lung transplant, and she gave us lots of homework to do....papers, papers, papers...

Donovan was "awake" for awhile after the coordinator gave us the thumbs up for listing...he tried so hard to communicate, and gestured he wanted to write to us many times, but as yet is too weak....you can only imagine how frustrating this is for all of us! But so good to see those lovely big brown peepers of his.

So we are excited, anxious, thankful, emotional.....a little scared, trusting God, our all in all to bring us through praising his name.....hope to get all of you on this list to follow along, and one day rejoice in the gift of life for Donovan!

1 comment:

Hear me out. said...

Hey Beth.
I was wondering if there was any way I could mail letters to Donovan...? I know he probably won't be able to read them, I'm just feeling really disconnected now that I can't come visit you all, and I tend to express myself best in writing (my written prayers are always alot more eloquent than my outloud ones).

Praying always, Chantal.