Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Donovan's Grandma...

Hi Everyone,

As mentioned a few days ago, Donovan's Grandma, my mom Pearl fell and broke her hip last Wed. The repair surgery was a success, and she was only in the ICU a day. Yesterday she began to cough, and today she was in a great amount of respiratory distress. It was very distressing to me to see her struggle to breathe in much the same manner Donovan struggled just a few weeks ago, prior to transplant. (He, by the way, continues to breathe very easily, thank God!).

The doctor is trying to unravel mom's medical mysteries, and to discover why she suddenly appears to be having congestive heart failure. They removed a great amount of fluid from her lungs this evening, and she at last report was able to rest. Could I humbly ask you to pray for my mom, that her distress would be aleviated and that she recover fully from this episode and live to enjoy her repaired hip? It does appear to be healing, and prior to all the breathing trouble she was mobilizing with much reduced pain. Thanks everyone!

I have a ticket booked to fly back to Edmonton this Saturday with Laurier's mom. I don't feel very good about leaving with mom this frail. Stephen was to join us with Amy the week following. It would be so good to be together again! I need wisdom as to whether or not I should leave.

Laurier and Donovan were able to travel to Katie & Kurtis's house in Leduc for supper today. Also check out their recent post to the blog. They're doing well, and Donovan reports increased weight challenges in the gym. Did I also mention his weight gain? Up 7 pounds from his hospital discharge weight! Awesome! In the midst of my challenges with mom, we still have so much to be thankful for.

I must admit that I'm feeling a little worn out and discouraged and torn in a few directions. It would be wonderful to have mom get better and be able to carry on with plans to go to Edmonton.

In the midst of this, I'm so thankful that we know God is faithful(we do know this!!!) and able to "supply all our needs, according to His riches in glory."
So tonight, I will trust Him for sleep, for healing, and a fresh supply of grace for tomorrow....

Holding the hand of the One who holds the future,

Beth

1 comment:

Maren H. said...

Hi Beth - I'm a VCF alumni, I guess you would call it, and met you at the VCF retreat for ladies two yrs ago, I think. Anyway, when I got the VCF news, they put your blog site in there, so I looked you up and have been thanking God for the miracle He has done and continues to do in many ways in your family. I remember you talking about Donovan in our group. I am responding to your mention of your need for peace, wisdom, healing, etc., and I can relate to that as I have been through alot of "tough stuff" lately and know so much God's strength and help, yet sometimes one just gets overwhelmed and wants a "break" - but I know, too, that He keeps us "keeping on" and gives us patience and trust for the road, which I know you know! So I have been praying for you and have prayed that today you will know what to do this weekend. It's hard to feel torn in many directions! God bless you and give you His peace! Maren