Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Thank you! - A post from Donovan and Laurier -

Thank You! - A post from Donovan and Laurier -

So things are settling down, over a month post transplant and we have finally settled into a daily routine "at home" here in Edmonton. Looking back through this whole process it is obvious that my family and I could not have made this journey alone. We could not have done it without the grace of God or His blessing of your friendship.

Now that things have settled down I know that most people won't be checking "the blog" so religiously, so I would like to send out thank yous on behalf of my family and I. There are so many people to thank for many different reasons, and I know that there will be some people left out unintentionally, so my apologies in advance!

In the beginning of this journey we were so thankful to have friends and family at our side. As we continued on through the many peaks and valleys, the support grew and grew and grew. It has been overwhelming to experience this amount of generosity. I have to admit that this support has brought tears of joy and still does when we reflect on everything that has been done for us this past few months as well as in years gone by.



My coworkers at Sears in Prince Albert,

You have proven you are all more than just co-workers with the fund raising efforts and thoughtful gifts. I am still amazed that even though it has been over a year since I last worked along side you, you have kept me a part of the Sears family! Thank you so much for the photo frame. I have already loaded some of my photography on it, and it looks great. Thank you so much for all the work of the bake sales. The money raised will go toward expenses in Edmonton. Thank you from the bottom of my heart! I will make sure to stop in and visit as soon as I get back to Prince Albert.


To the Prince Albert Alliance Church and Mom's Morning Out group and Cross Roads Pentecostal Church,

We would like to thank you for all your prayers, encouragement, emotional and financial support. Thank you for being a church that actively cares. Your prayers have carried us through the most difficult times and are still being felt. We were astounded by the generosity of the congregation. Your financial gifts will assist us through our stay here and are providing us with a peace of mind during our time here. Thank you so very much!



To The Most Wonderful Pediatric Staff at Vic. Hospital,

Thank you for your financial gift, and all your encouragement. Even though I am no longer in your care, it is truly touching to know that you still care and think of me. There is so much more to thank you for, your hospitality, your actions which were above the call of duty, your unmatched bedside manner, all which made long hospital stays bearable. You are terrific nurses, and your care saw me through many crisis. It is due to you that I was able to stay as healthy as I did for many years, and able to continue to live life as a child and teen as normally as I could. Thank you so much!

P.S thanks for overlooking our rule breaking habits : )


Saskatoon University Hospital Staff,

I would like to thank you for your kindness and care during my failing health. Thank you for helping stabilize me so that I could make the trip to Edmonton for my new lungs (which are great by the way)!


To the greatest soccer moms and dads,

We greatly appreciate you guys taking Stephen under your wing this past season. It was good to know while we were away, you made it possible for him to have the opportunity to take part in a once in a lifetime opportunity. Thank you also for your help with our finances here in Edmonton, it's truly incredible that besides helping Stephen you have also reached out to us here in Edmonton. We really appreciate all you have done!


To Friends and Family,

We would like to thank everyone for the time and energy you have generously contributed. We would like to specifically thank you for all the prayers, encouraging cards, the uplifting visits in the hospital (I know it was a long trip for many of you!). We also appreciated all the assistance with looking after our needs back home. Your love and support have made all the difference.


To the Poetker family

Thank you for looking after Stephen while we have been here in Edmonton. Thank you for giving him a loving home away from home as well as a family. Even through the troubling times we had peace of mind that Stephen was in good hands.


To Elizabeth and Sandy and Laurie E.,

Thank you for taking care of my precious Scout! We know he appreciated the attention and exercise, and he'll never forget all your love. You've made a friend for life!


Thank you Verla,

Thank you for opening your home to us, we are so glad to have been blessed with a friend like you. We thank you for your prayers, your friendship and a home away from home.

P.S Even though we moved in like cockroaches! - Beth


To Prince Albert Lydale Staff and Wee Care Preschool,

Thank you for your understanding and compassion in allowing our family to be together during this crisis and recovery period. This leave of absence has allowed us to focus on family needs.

My new lungs are still working great and I credit this to all your love, support and prayers. My days are very busy, each morning is filled with physio, clinics, labs, pulmonary, occupational therapy and nutritional/diabetes training. I'm still gaining both weight and strength and I am working very hard to achieving my goal of being home for christmas! I look forward to seeing everyone once again, this time with no tubes attached!

God Bless,
Donovan + Laurier

2 comments:

Ousizch said...

Today you can promote your blog to my readers..... It's better than exchange link!!

visit and browse here:
http://future76.blogspot.com

Hear me out. said...

That was a great last line. :)