Thursday, October 16, 2008

What's under the sink?

Pipes!!!

And that's what Donovan is working on in the gym these days...getting some "meat" on those pipes! He was given the go-ahead to start upper body work, because it's now been over a month since the "shark bite" so he's had some time to repair those unkindly-cut muscles. Now it's all about re-building. Look out Arnie!

Had supper with Donovan, Laurier & Katie tonite, via Skype (webcam) and I have to say it's the next best thing to being there. Clear picture, great sound...when it came time for tea after our meal, I actually took out tea-cups for all of us!!! I know, I know, I'm losing it!

Some terrific news (I hope) from a friend at U of A hospital. If you remember a few weeks back I asked for prayer for a young girl named Lauren, also CF, waiting for transplant? Her mom emailed me yesterday that lungs came in for her. Her surgery was all day yesterday, and I haven't yet heard back, but I'm believing for the best for her! Please continue to pray for this wonderful family. Also, please remember Kristen...she needs lungs, and soon! Sign those donor cards, people! Thank-you!

Not too much new to report here at the homefront, just trying to get all those pre-winter chores done before the white stuff appears. I planted some bulbs for spring, emptied flower pots & am thinking about putting away the hose. Must also remember to dig up the carrots before the dog gets them. Yes, we have a carrot loving hound in the house!

I'm trying to get dates set as to when I'll get back to Edmonton, but it appears Stephen will be busy with soccer until the Second Coming...he goes with his school team to Swift Current tomorrow, and then again next weekend if they win. So, yes, it's me and Scout for the weekend.

It was wonderful to be back at Wee Care Preschool, 20 smiling faces and my terrific "boss"/friend....these little ones are a fantastic distraction and focus for life right now. Who knew that cutting out paper pumpkins, big hand over smaller one could generate such joy? I am so blessed.

Also talked with daughter Amy tonight about Christmas (speaking of the 'white stuff') shopping etc. and she said, "Well, I think we all just got our Christmas present for this year!"

And I couldn't agree more. So, under the tree this year will be Donovan, a big red bow around that impressive chest incision!

An early morning to get Stephen to that bus for Speedy Creek, so I'm off to hit the hay... and contemplate once again, God's goodness and faithfulness to us.

Hoping you'll find Him faithful in your life,

Beth

No comments: