Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A Weekend with the Ladies - A post from Donovan

Where to begin? What a full weekend! Brianne, Allison, Nicole, and Liz (school friends) made their way all the way over here to see me! I was thrilled to say the least! They came down on Friday, and we were able to catch up with each other that evening, sharing quite a few laughs. Oh and I might add that I noticed (I don't know if they noticed) I no longer go into those body racking coughing fits while laughing! OH YAH!

The next day the girls went on a very successful shopping trip (so i am told), joined up with me later in the evening. During the afternoon my sister Katie came over (on a rare day off) and we did some errands, Katie was looking for thread for her needle point project, my dad needed to go to Home-Depot and Canadian tire. So the evening rolls around and the girls make it back...and we decide to order some pizza... online. I have to admit, I don't know about you but this was the first time I have ever ordered pizza online, kind of a odd thing to do on the internet. Well we ate pizzas, we watched an episode of Ugly Betty online, then afterward we tried to help a certain someone find a certain item online, for a certain someone else.

After a while this certain someone found the certain item but didn't have the means to get the item...I hope this mysterious certain someone has it now! We also enjoyed a few pixar shorts including Scrat "No time for nuts", Jack Jack Attack and "For the Birds".

Later on, we took out some of my daily equipment and tried it out...they all tried the Blood pressure cuff (they're all in good health, turns out) and also the fancy bathroom scale, which requires you to wet your feet so that it can calculate your total water percentage as well as your total body fat. As it happened, they were slightly dehydrated...I think it must have been the shopping. I'm not sure if it was that night or friday but I showed them the pictures of my old and new lungs, which the surgeon had taken and emailed to my family...some were a little taken aback by them but also kind of intrigued...I'm not sure what to make of them, but like my mom said its kind of satisfying seeing the old lungs, seeing these things that caused all the problems over the years. We talked some more, which I really enjoyed/missed, I mean facebooking/emailing is great and all that but it isn't the same as a good visit in the flesh!

Sunday the ladies hit the road again, and I met my sister and her hubby and his parents for lunch at Tony Romas...MmmMmm good! I had myself a steak burger and fries, my first steak in a long while. Delicious! I think it helped contribute to my weight gain ... I think I am now around a healthy 61.6Kgs or 135.2lbs, which is my highest weight ever and well on my way to my doctor's goal of 145 lbs. After a great lunch we headed over to Futureshop to check out a TV package I'm eyeing up. We got ourselves some help right away, CRAZY right away for Futureshop! It must be because of the Christmas season... anyway this salesman was very talkative, knowledgeable and overall a very good salesman...but we didn't end up buying anything, we got ourselves a price quote and continued shopping elsewhere in the store. But here's the kicker, the salesman later finds us and offers us a flyer that says something like "we beat all competitors by 10%", thats not the kicker, its this, he smells like alcohol. Badly. Steve, you need help!!! No sale for you!

So that was my action packed weekend. I was able to spend some quality time with great friends, take in a great lunch and rest up in one weekend!

Thank you girls so much!

Love,

Donovan

No comments: