Thursday, November 20, 2008

Up. up and away...

Donovan's pulmonary function is up again! His FEV1 (a measure of lung function) is now a whopping 81%!!! I give him an "A" for that! Just had to brag about those new lungs! And yes, I'll admit I was a little silly to worry about the "crackle" in his lung last weekend. After 20 years of dealing with CF lungs, I guess worry has become a habit I'll have to work on breaking.

So, with numbers like that, I'm going to let myself get excited about the possibility of him coming home earlier in December rather than later. Donovan has some tests scheduled for Dec. 4, and discharge from Edmonton is pending results of those. Let's all pray Dec 5 is the date! Thanks!

Yoga is now a part of Donovan's occupational therapy. Balance, muscle tone & strength...it all gets worked on with yoga, and gives him a break from the usual routine. I'll have to get him to show me some poses when he gets home!

Katie called today to report she heard hiccups from her baby. The doctor was getting the heartbeat with the doppler, and baby had hiccups at the time which could be heard along with the heartbeat! How exciting for her...wish I could have been there...Less than 3 months to go...

Mom is still struggling in hospital, mealtime, physio, it's all difficult for her and she is constantly exhausted. We're hoping her IV and catheter will be gone soon, and hopefully that will make things a little easier. Improvements are very slow in coming, and although her 'numbers' are good, she still seems very short of breath. We'd appreciate prayers for mom.

Well, off to bed with me! Blessings everyone!

Beth

No comments: