Monday, February 2, 2009

Home is where you hang your heart...

We are home!!! I can't believe it...even though the evidence (many boxes of meds, suitcases in need of unpacking, dire fatigue and "car lag") are all around. Though we know the journey continues, it seems as though we have climbed a mountain, and at this point are gazing at the breath-taking view from the summit. And that view is what we call home. The place we come to hang our hearts.

We arrived home late last night. Donovan traveled with friends Brendan and Chantal (thank you guys!) and dropped them in S'toon and continued on here. I travelled with friends Connie & Randy (thank-you, thank-you) who graciously allowed me to pack the back of their van to maximum capacity with all of our belongings and Scout! When it comes to packing a vehicle, they have skills! We left melting temps in Edmonton for the icy and frostbitten land of Sask. I must admit, the only thing I miss about Alberta at this point is the balmy weather of the last week or so. Hopefully it blows in here in the next few days...I'm not acclimatized to -30 anymore!

Donovan spent today hooking up his computer, and finally moving into the room I re-decorated for him before Christmas, at some points despairing he would ever see it again! He's fillng a couple cabinets with his meds and supplies, figuring out a workable schedule for treatments and the fitness regime he must follow to keep the new lungs in tip-top shape. He already put a few miles on the treadmill, so he's off to a good start. He also surprised Stephen, who was in bed when he got home last night, and up and out the door before Donovan was up this morning, with a trip home from school. Now doesn't that warm the heart?

Not one to waste time, I worked a half day at preschool today, and as usual my cup was filled to the brim with joy courtesy of 20 charming 4 and 5-year old and their wonderful parents, to say nothing of my awesome co-workers. May you all enjoy your jobs as I do mine!

We are home! It feels so good to write those words, and to snuggle into my familiar bed, next to my familiar husband...knowing all is right with our world.

May God Bless all of your homes with harmony, and your hearts with peace!

Love,
Beth

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh this is just the most wonderful and precious news to read. My eyes have filled with tears to finally read this long awaited answer to so many prayers. How awesome is our God?

Love and Prayers, DEB